If you are using a mobile device you may not be able to view all the important information which you need to read before you go ahead with your transaction. If you cannot read the information please switch to a larger display if you wish to proceed.
Transfer an existing ISA
Funds you have chosen
What percentage of the amount you are transferring would you like to assign to each investment?
Why would I leave my money in cash?
You can hold your money in cash and choose your investments later. If you want to withdraw money immediately, the amount you want to withdraw needs to be available in your account as cash, with no transactions pending.
Please note, you also need cash to pay for any charges and investments may be sold to cover a charge if cash is not available.
You have not yet selected any funds
Before you transfer, you’ll need to visit our ISA page.
It gives you information about the Aviva Stocks & Shares ISA so you know all of its features and are aware of the risks. It also includes more detail including its charges, tax and investment choices. If after reading this page you are unsure whether an Aviva Stocks & Shares ISA is right for you, then you should seek financial advice before going ahead.
Are you ready to transfer?
Make sure it's right for you
Make sure you’ve read:
These documents explain the agreement you enter into when transferring your ISA.
Please be aware that your terms and conditions may be updated from time to time.
You’ll need to be a UK resident aged 18 or over. You may also be eligible if you, your spouse or civil partner works overseas for the UK Government.
Select your funds
If you haven’t already, view your investment options to see where you’d like to invest.
You can choose your funds before applying for the transfer, or hold your money in a cash account and decide later. The cash account currently has a variable interest rate payable monthly.
The annual Aviva charge of not more than 0.4% is payable on all monies in the Aviva Stocks & Shares ISA. Make sure you check the interest rate on the cash account - if it’s less than what we charge for managing it, the amount in the cash account will reduce in value.
Have your details ready
- Your existing plan number(s).
- Details of your existing investments.
- Bank details.
- National Insurance number.
Important things to remember
- You can only pay into one stocks and shares ISA in any tax year.
- The minimum amount you can transfer into Aviva Stocks & Shares ISA is £500. We also accept regular payments of at least £50 a month and £100 minimum additional single payments. The maximum for new contributions is the Government set annual ISA allowance, which is £20,000. There is no maximum transfer amount.
- If you transfer in an ISA from the current tax year the whole amount must be transferred. If it is from a previous year then you can choose the amount to transfer, so long as it’s at least £500.
- If transferring from a cash ISA, remember that a stocks and shares ISA is not intended for easy access and returns are not guaranteed. See the Aviva Stocks & Shares ISA for more information on the features, risks and investment choices available to make sure that it is the right choice for you.
- The value of investments could go down as well as up. You may get back less than the amount you’ve invested.
- You should think of your investment funds as a medium- to long-term investment of at least five years.
- Some providers will apply a charge for transferring an ISA - we do not. Please be aware some charges between plans may differ.
- If you are transferring from a stocks and shares ISA, you may be disinvested for a period of time i.e. out of the market for the time it takes to complete the transfer. This means that you will not benefit from any rise in the price of investments during that period.
- We don’t assess the suitability of the investment. This means you won’t receive the same level of protection you would if you had received a personal recommendation - so you need to make certain that it meets your needs before you decide to go ahead.
Fair Processing Notice
By continuing with this application you confirm that you have read our Fair Processing Notice, which explains how we share your data and what your rights are in relation to the personal information we use to process your application.
We have given you facts but not a personal recommendation
While we have given you all the facts about our products and services, we haven't given you personalised financial advice and nothing on our website is a personal recommendation.
If you are looking for a personal recommendation, or are not sure whether a product or service is right for you, you should ask a financial adviser, who may charge for their service.
If you would like more information, please visit our financial advice web page.
If you're happy to go ahead
Your account will be managed through MyAviva, a convenient online location where you can find details of Aviva products you hold.
If you already have a MyAviva account
If you don’t have a MyAviva account
Platform provider and ISA Manager: Aviva Wrap UK Limited. Registered in England No. 4470008. Aviva, Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference Number 231530.
Aviva UK Digital Limited introduces to Aviva Wrap UK Limited for ISAs. Aviva UK Digital Limited is registered in England No. 09766150. Registered office: St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference Number: 728985.